I collect mostly HG (1/144 sized) GUNPLA, with some MG (1/100) alon all the GUNDAM timeline.

Saturday 19 April 2014

HGUC MSN-001A1 Delta Plus


         It's been sometime now I've been thinking of getting either this or ReZel types kits in addition to my HGUC collection. I spot this guy ( last box ) while doing some Easter shopping, reasonable price so I just grab and buy !
        
         Delta Plus is one of the earlier GundamUC HGUC kit together with Unicorn and the rest. It's actually a dark-colored Hyaku Shiki with some minor change in it's body and armament changes. It's quite simple to assemble and very minor panel lining required.      



       Here's some details about it's body







        That head unit looks almost exactly like Hyaku Shiki's. Took me about 2-3 hours to finish it up, it's overall is very sturdy and can balance well, very solid too.






      Standard armaments, it's long rifle is smaller than a ReZel-type's, gun and missile mounted shield (don't know if it's intended to be a shield or not), and blue colored beam sabers (weirdly 2 beam effect part provided but only one open hand and saber stick given)


 

     Waverider form -   Before I have this kit I always wondered how was the transform method applied to new ReZel-types and Delta-types kits, because I know transformable kits have a huge problem with joints-wear especially if it's heavy. It seems like Delta Plus have the mechanism like old HGUC Zeta, a totally independent center unit introduced, while limbs, wings and armaments is assembled onto the center unit.






         This idea is really good since it fixes the wear problem while making the wave-rider form very solid and sturdy. 


Some action ...



      Trying to mimic GundamUC ep.4 scene XD

" We have to stop the giant MA or the city..."

" Shoot Banagher !!!! TAKE THE SHOT !!!! "

" Get out Banagher, I have received the order to capture the Gundam. "

 " Lieutenant Rhiddie ... if it wasn't for you all this wouldn't have happened..." 





      Overall, I can say I'm quite satisfied with it. Simple built with minor issues, it's nub-marks can be easily treated with panel marker because of it's dark colors. A great addition to the HGUC family !



No comments:

Post a Comment