I collect mostly HG (1/144 sized) GUNPLA, with some MG (1/100) alon all the GUNDAM timeline.

Thursday 12 April 2012

SEED HG GAT-X131 Calamity Gundam


I always wanted to collect the mad-trio Gundams when I was still a school kid. Sadly when I got to work, I don't see them anymore at toy stores. After few years and I flew over to west Malaysia, I saw them on Jusco toy section shelf, all of them. So I bought them all !

                                                                 



Calamity is a little cheaper then the other 2 of the trio, probably because less plastic, but it is the bulkiest among 3, so if you prefer guns over swords Calamity is actually cool !


Weaponary :

Todesblock 337mm plasma sabot bazooka        

Schlag 123mm high-energy long range beam cannons                                                                                                                               
                                                                                                                                                 
   Kaefer Zwei 115mm dual ram cannon mounted shield          

         Chest mounted Scylla 580mm multi-phase energy cannon    
                                                              

This is one of my new kits, so I assembled it with care and panel-lined every little complete parts before assembled. Also making sure I minimize the nub marks. One thing I almost screwed up with Calamity is its Scyalla ... I tried normal red paint marker, but it's too small and the paint don't really stick on plastic. Thank god I saw the foil sticker of it and use it instead, looks clean and neat, so yeah it fits and look perfect. 


Although its simple I think it's awsome, so is the other 2, just love the trio since the first time I saw it on TV, was a good first impression.



*Raider and Forbidden coming soon

No comments:

Post a Comment