I collect mostly HG (1/144 sized) GUNPLA, with some MG (1/100) alon all the GUNDAM timeline.

Wednesday 5 September 2012

NG MSW-004 Kestrel Gundam

 Yes it's from the May issue of Dengeki Hobby, I somehow managed to get my hands on a HK version magazine and it's NG kit at a cheap price. Building it isn't a big problem though, it's very simple built, but I kinda don't understand the way they mold it's leg-hip and arm-chest joints . . . it's very weird compared to previous NGs I came across.


The built kit is all-white, means it needs a lot of coloring job (I'm not good in it), and obviously needs to be mod a lot, there is instructions in the magazine after all.

Some views :



I'm currently struggling to follow the magazines' mod instructions. So far I completed the head and the hip joints, and I kinda ruined the legs. Because the instructions on that part isn't accurate, it was all too late until I realized. I'll summarize my observation to make it easier to understand ...

Head :

  •  there are 2 ways to mode the head. I choose the easier one because i cant find that specific joint for                    the neck. 
  • the polycap needs to be sliced to make it fit into the hole which already exist within the head. 
  • the neck part ( the T shaped that stick out ) needs to be trimmed, just cut off the arms of the T and make the end of the joint round. 
  • stuff the head in, it should fit. It can't look up and down, but it could spin.

Hips :

  • I've done a mistake here . . . the square chunk of plastic shouldn't be cut off completely, because it will end up being too short for the polycap to actually hold it. 
  • I barely covered it up with a polycap from my broken HG Justice, which sized like PC-N, but longer legs so that it can hang on the short stud ... 
Feet :
  • I made a very serious mistake here by snapping off the whole connector from the feet. Why? I followed the magazine.
  • I took the polycaps from HG 00's side skirt and some unused polycaps from PC-123 of some HG SEED kits. If you somehow drill a little hole from the cut off T joint on the feet and stuff the little PC peg in, it won't be long enough to reach the polycap on the leg, somehow it needs to be extended to be able to reach the polycap in the leg.
  • In the end I resort to my own ways . . . but it's still undone. Needed glue ...
It sure kills off my interest to go on modifying the kit, as I was beginning to worry that I would destroy the whole thing. I'll upload some pictures about the done-parts and update if I really continue this omfg task ...

so much for my first time trying to mod . . .haha.









No comments:

Post a Comment